• Entrepreneurs’ Organization Los Angeles – Business Entertainment Charity Event
Nicole Hansen was sought out by the Entrepreneurs Organization’s chapters of Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco and San Diego to help coordinate and produce the largest charity event in both the Playboy Mansion and Entrepreneurs’ Organization histories. Nicole led up the partnership between an international renewable energy organization as the beneficiary of the fundraising and brought in her VIP guest list of dignitaries including UN Ambassadors, the Former Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand, actors such as Oscar nominated Demien Bichir among others, Producer/Writer and renewable energy advocate Marshall Herskovitz and the biggest celebrity guest of the night, Billy Idol whom Nicole had met while appearing as Marilyn Monroe in his 1990 videos directed by David Fincher, Cradle of Love and LA Woman. To cover the event, Nicole brought in her contacts in the “green press” such as Sarah Backhouse and others who helped get word out that at the Playboy Mansion, clean technology was a cause worth supporting and that sustainability is as sexy as any playmate.
MNN reporter Sarah Backhouse spoke with celebrities on the red carpet about their interest in renewable energy.
Watch: Billy Idol (singer), Jason Chambers (Human Weapon), Vanessa Lengies (HawthoRNe), Ashley Rickards (One Tree Hill).
Watch: Darren Moore (Alter Eco on Planet Green), Olden Polynice (former NBA player), Demián Bichir (Weeds), Frank Leboeuf (former French soccer player)
Watch: Carla Ortiz (CSI: Miami), Kirsten Bradford (president, EO-LA), Robson Mello (secretary-general, IREO), Marshall Herskovitz (president, Producers Guild of America)
Alastair Shearman of GGE co-produced alongside Nicole designing the distinctive invitation and helping to carry out sustainable practices throughout. Nicole brought in Darren Moore of Ecovations to sponsor and help green the event and also highlight the green initiatives the Playboy Mansion had been employing sustainable practicing in the kitchen and on the grounds for over 20 years. Each guest received a list of what sustainable practices they would encounter at the event and GGE’s Green Galaxy Pictures produced a sizzle reel Event Green hosted by Darren Moore to show how all these initiatives were carried out leading up to and post event.
EO/BEC – Sustainability Practices Introduction for Guests:
- You’ll be dinning on Plates made out of Fallen Leaves that are compostable, instead of paper or plastic which are difficult to recycle once mixed with food waste
- Utensils are Compostable and made in a plant that runs on Hydro-electric power, instead of energy intensive plastic pieces that usually end up in landfills
- Cups are made from a bio-polymer and fully compostable, instead of plastic cups that are made out of petrochemicals, which contain OIL
- Food Waste from the Event, with the compostable items will be made into renewable energy through a gasification process, at Liberty Composting Facility
- By making all food service items compostable, we are able convert the food waste, cups, plates and utensils into RENEWABLE ENERGY without generating any landfill waste. Food in landfills accounts for 20% of the average waste stream, food waste can be a resource of nutrients in soil and bio-mass for electricity
- Playboy’s Chef Carter is one of the Greenest Chef’s around, he’s been supporting Animal Husbandry and Sustainable Fishing Practices for nearly 20 years. see the attached supplement about Chef Carter and the Menu
- Playboy Mansion has maintained a pesticide free grounds for 15 years
- Playboy Mansion Pool and water features on the grounds are Ozonated, minimizing the use of chlorine and making the water safe and fun to be in
- Playboy has agreed to allow Ecovations to replace and test out an additional 125 light bulbs with new LED bulb’s, for the opportunity to save 204,600 lbs of CO2 annually at a potential cost savings of $137/mo or 1,644 per year!
- The Mansion now utilizes some LED and efficient lighting Technology, reducing electricity usage while delivering a high-quality lighting experience.
- Step and Repeat banners by Mozaik, made out of 100% post consumer recycled content, utilizing an environmentally-friendly process to eliminate the use of chemical pollutants and wasted water
- Video Documentation of process, from food selection to food waste into renewable energy
The following day’s events included an intimate brunch organized by GGE for all the out of town guest Renewable Energy Advisors, celebrities, dignitaries and EO board members to mingle and network post-event at the sponsor hotel, Petit Ermitage in Beverly Hills and co-hosted by Bolivian Actress and recipient of the Bolivian Metal of Honor, actress Carla Ortiz.
Former Entertainment Chair of EO/LA, Founder at Kaloud, Inc.
Nicole worked with the Entrepreneurs’ Organization (“EO”) to put on one of the largest events in EO history. She was a pleasure to work with and contributed in invaluable and varied ways to our success. I will spend the rest of my life thanking her for her contribution. I would highly, and without reservation, recommend Nicole Hansen to anyone.
The placement of these organizations as part of our portfolio does not imply an endorsement by Green Galaxy Enterprises nor its partners.